Saturday, November 15, 2014

STILL NO PATH REPORT

It's Post Op day 5.  The work week has come and gone, and we did not get the results of the pathology done on Dave's mass.  Just thought I'd let you know so you don't think we're celebrating or bemoaning the results without you.  Dave has an appointment with his urologist who performed the orchiectomy (otherwise known as the nutcracker) Monday morning.  In the meantime, I say no news is good news.

Dave turned a corner yesterday.  I was at a class Friday AM and he forgot to take his pain pill, which I didn't know.  He took a nap in the afternoon and got up an hour after his next scheduled pill and when I reminded him he was overdue, he decided he didn't need it.  He felt since he skipped the 10 AM pill and felt okay, he would forgo the 4 PM pill as well.  He hasn't had one since.

Of course he is nursing his incision site but he's much better at remembering to protect it when he moves by being very careful about how he moves.  I'm glad he has been taking afternoon naps, as that seems to give him relief.

He's getting cabin fever.  It spiked at 150º yesterday.  He needs a hobby or project to keep him busy that doesn't require a lot of movement.  He's bored with television, and solitaire so I gave him a stack of his unread books.  I wish I could get him to learn to knit, or work on my To Do List.

I've missed (and will miss) some of my clay classes due to all these doctor appointments.  I need to go to Michael's this morning to get a tool to use on my project at home.  I dread going on a Saturday as the shopping season has begun, but here's an idea for Dave.

1 comment: